Yummy potpies are often irresistible and more often than not, very fattening. The yummy, crispy crust lining the top and the bottom of the pie, in combination with the delicious chicken filling makes you automatically hungry and your mouth water!
But indulging in your cravings has often led to trouble and you know that so restraining yourself is the only way to go or is it?
Try my healthy chicken potpie recipe. It is fast, it is easy, it is quick and yes it is very, very tasty. To add some flavor or variation you can add some left-over gravy to this dish, or even prepare a gravy specially for the potpie.
Otherwise, using the chicken soup only will do just fine! This amazingly healthy pot-pie is low-cal, heart healthy and low on the fat as well! So dig in and make sure you treat yourself to this pot-pie with a healthy twist as often as you want!
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:[shopeat_ingredients]Healthy request cream of chicken soup -2 cans
Mixed Vegetables (thawed) – 10 z
Cooked chicken breasts – 1 pound
Bisquick – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Skimmed Milk – ½ cup[/shopeat_ingredients] [shopeat_button]
Method for Cooking Chicken Pot Pie:
1. Boil the chicken and then cut into bite sized pieces.
2. Thaw the frozen vegetables while the chicken is boiling.
3. Add vegetables to the two cans of cream of chicken soup and mix well.
4. Add the chicken to the mixture of vegetables and soup
5. Mix the milk, bisquick and egg in another bowl.
6. Pour the mixture of the egg, milk and bisquick onto the chicken and vegetables.
7. Bake the mixture for half an hour at a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Do this, until the mixture turns golden brown.
Nutritional Information (per serving) – Serves 6