Healthy Vegetable Recipe
Healthy vegetable recipes are in much demand these days. What with everyone becoming aware of the many benefits of vegetables and going in for raw food diets and all that! But one must concede that including as many servings of vegetables/fruit in our daily diet benefits us immensely.
Why else would reputed health organizations like The American Cancer Society recommend that one should have at least 5 servings of different kinds of fruit or vegetables a day? Here’s a healthy vegetable recipe to get you started on the right track!
Moreover, this recipe is simple and easy to make. Oh and did I mention that it doesn’t really take any time at all? It can also make for a great meal 9 lunch/dinner) when combined with rice or cous cous as mentioned. So here’s a yummy way to get a whole lot of vegetables!!!
Indian Stir-fried Veggies
Halved Green beans – 1 cup
Cauliflower Florets – 2 cups
Finely Sliced Zucchini – 1 (small)
Finely chopped Red bell pepper – 1 (large)
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Crushed Garlic – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 2tbsp
Turmeric – 2 tsp
1. Boil water in a large-sized pot and add the cauliflower to it. Blanch the florets for about 30 seconds before taking them out.
2. Heat a wok at a high temperature, add the olive oil to it and stir fry the cauliflower until golden brown.
3. Add the red bell pepper, beans, crushed garlic, zucchini and stir fry the mixture for about two minutes.
4. Sprinkle mustard seeds as well as turmeric after this and stir the mixture so as to combine the turmeric and mustard seeds and make the mixture homogenous.
5. Serve immediately after this. You can serve the veggies with cous cous or white rice depending on your preferences.
Nutritional Facts (per serving) – Serves Four
Calories – 115Kcal
Total Fat – 5.4 g
Carbohydrate – 7.9
Protein – 6.1g
Sodium- 163 mg